What is A2 Desi Cow Bilona Ghee & why it’s superior than normal ghee
What Is A2 Desi Cow Bilona Ghee
A2 cow bilona ghee is a type of Ghee made from the milk of cows that carry the A2 variant of the beta-casein protein. This type of cow milk is traditionally believed to have health benefits and is highly valued in Ayurveda, the ancient Indian system of medicine.
The origin of A2 cows can be traced back to the ancient Vedic period in India, which dates back more than 3,000 years. The Vedas are a collection of ancient texts that contain knowledge and wisdom related to various fields, including health, spirituality, and agriculture. According to these texts, cows were revered as sacred animals and were considered to be a source of nourishment and well-being.
The A2 cows, which are believed to be descended from the ancient Indian breeds such as Gir, Sahiwal, and Tharparkar, Haryana are known for their ability to produce milk that contains the A2 variant of beta-casein protein. This protein is said to be easier to digest than the A1 variant of beta-casein, which is found in the milk of many modern breeds of cows such as HF & jersey(Exotic breeds).
The Process Of Making A2 Desi Cow Bilona Ghee
The process of making A2 desi cow Vedic Bilona ghee is a traditional and labor-intensive method that requires patience and expertise. Here is a detailed step-by-step process:
Step 1: Milking of A2 Desi Cows
The first step in making A2 desi cow Vedic Bilona ghee is to milking the cows that carry the A2 variant of the beta-casein protein such as Gir, Sahiwal & Kankrej etc cows breed. This milk is considered to be the best quality milk for making ghee.
Step 2: Boiling the raw milk
After collecting the milk, boil the raw milk in clay pots.In the evening, change the milk to another clay pots in order to make natural curd.
Step 3: Boiling the raw milk
The curd is then churned using a traditional wooden churner, known as a bilona. The bilona churns the curd until it turns into butter and buttermilk. This process can take anywhere from 45 minutes to several hours.
Step 4: Separating the Buttermilk
Once the butter is formed, it is separated from the buttermilk.
Step 5: Heating the Butter
The separated butter is then heated in a clay pot(Handi) over a low flame of cow dunk cake. The butter is heated slowly, stirring continuously, until it melts and begins to foam. During this process, the water content in the butter evaporates, and the milk solids settle at the bottom of the handi.
Step 6: Straining the Ghee
The melted butter is then strained through a muslin cloth or a fine strainer to remove the milk solids. The remaining clear, golden liquid is the pure A2 desi cow vedic bilona ghee.
Step 7: Storing the Ghee
The strained ghee is then stored in a clean, airtight glass jars container. It can be stored at room temperature for several months without spoiling due to its low moisture content.
This traditional method of making A2 desi cow vedic bilona ghee is retain the natural flavors, nutrients, and medicinal properties of the ghee. It is a time-honored process that has been used in India for centuries and is still practiced by many small-scale farmers and artisanal producers today such Nyutam farm.
A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is considered superior to other normal market ghee for several reasons:
- Nutritional Value: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee have higher nutritional value than other ghee available in the market. It contains essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that are beneficial for health.
- Digestibility: The A2 variant of the beta-casein protein present in A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is easier to digest than the A1 variant found in the milk of many modern breeds of cows. As a result, A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is easier on the digestive system and may be suitable for people with lactose intolerance or other digestive issues.
- Traditional Production Methods: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is made using traditional and labor-intensive production methods that have been used in India for centuries. This method involves churning curd, separating the makkhan, and heating it slowly to produce ghee. This process is to retain the natural flavors, nutrients, and medicinal properties of the ghee.
- Quality of Ingredients: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is made using only high-quality ingredients, such as A2 Desi milk from grass-fed cows, and is free from preservatives, additives, and artificial flavors. In contrast, factory-made ghee may contain low-quality ingredients, such as milk from grain-fed cows, and may be processed with chemicals and preservatives.
- Taste and Aroma: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee has a rich, nutty flavor and a distinct aroma that is derived from the traditional production methods. It is often considered to be more flavorful and aromatic than other ghee available in the market.
Benefits Of A2 Desi Cow Bilona Ghee
- Helps improve digestion: The A2 variant of the beta-casein protein in A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is easier to digest than the A1 variant found in the milk of many modern breeds of cows. This makes A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee easier on the digestive system and may help improve digestion.
- May boost the immune system: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee contains essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals that are beneficial for health. These nutrients may help boost the immune system, which can help protect against infections and diseases.
- Good source of energy: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is a rich source of energy and can help provide sustained energy throughout the day. It contains medium-chain fatty acids that are easily digested and converted into energy by the body.
- Aid in weight loss: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is a rich source of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a type of fatty acid that has been shown to help reduce body fat and improve body composition. CLA can help increase metabolic rate and reduce the accumulation of fat in the body.
- Help promote healthy skin: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee is rich in antioxidants, such as vitamin E, which can help protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals. It can also help moisturize and nourish the skin, keeping it healthy and glowing.
- Help reduce inflammation: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee contains butyric acid, a type of short-chain fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory properties. This help reduce inflammation in the body, which can help protect against chronic diseases such as arthritis, heart disease, and diabetes.
And so on, there is countless benefits of A2 Desi cow Vedic Bilona Ghee.
How To Consume A2 Desi Cow Bilona Ghee
A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee can be consumed in several ways, some of which are listed below:
- As a cooking oil: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee can be used as a healthy alternative to other cooking oils such as vegetable oil, refiend oil, or sunflower oil. It has a high smoke point and can be used for frying, sautéing, or roasting.
- With food: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee can be added to rice, lentils, vegetables, or any other dish for added flavor and nutritional value. It can also be spread on toast, Roti or used as a substitute for butter.
- In hot drinks: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee can be added to hot beverages such as coffee, tea, or hot chocolate for added creaminess and flavor.
- As a supplement: A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee can be consumed as a supplement by taking a teaspoon or two directly or by mixing it with warm water or milk. This can help improve digestion, boost the immune system, and provide sustained energy throughout the day.
You can take A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee externally or internally both, it’s like a real Ayurvedic medicine.
Today, A2 cow bilona ghee is produced by many small-scale farmers and artisanal producers in India, who follow traditional methods and use only the highest quality ingredients. It has gained popularity among health-conscious consumers around the world who are looking for natural and traditional food products. We at Nyutam Farm prepare A2 Desi Cow Vedic Bilona Ghee in a authentic way.